BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Natural Cures

I have been watching documentaries on natural cures. There are two that I have found. The Gerson Diet and Simply Raw. (There are two Gerson Documentaries here. One under Gerson and one under Diet)  They are similar but there are two major differences. In the Raw diet you can have avocado. In the Gerson diet you do not get avocado and you have to take Organic Coffee Eminas. Yes that one is a biggy for me. It is cold coffee and it is supposed to detoxify your body. The thing that is the same is it has to be organic. That is the problem here. Kroger has a three foot section of fresh organic produce. Walmart has even less. I am two hours away from organic markets in two directions.


 I have a friend SmallFootPrints that has given me some links.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/raw-food-diet  This one is from WebMD. It explains a raw vegan diet.

http://www.veganrawdiet.com/   This one has several articles that will help you out when going Raw Vegan from your normal eating.

http://goneraw.com/  This one is full of recipes. I have found alot of ones I would like to try.

I am working toward doing this in one way or another. I may have to start off vegetarian and work my way into vegan. I have a love of cheese and every once in a while eggs. I do not have any problem giving up the meat. Fish and seafood would be more difficult to give up. I have done the vegetarian diet before and done fine. My hubby looked at me like I was nuts. He is a southern boy. Beans, Taters, Meat and corn bread for every meal. He would die if he had to give up his meat and bread. That also means I would have to fix two dinners each day. My kids love it when I make vegetarian or vegan food. They would rather have it instead of what I fixed hubby. Last time I tried to go vegetarian they would eat all my food until I started fixing enough for all of us.

We grow alot of our own food but it cant be organic as we have farm fields in the back and front of the house that they spray and the run off makes it to the ground water.

The other draw back to this is the withdrawal your body has. No caffeine, sugar and all the preservatives and chemicals in your food. The first two weeks would be a little rough. They say it doesn't take that long to get over it. I think that would be a small price to pay if I got to get off all the drugs. I hate putting chemicals in my body and then there is the price of them too.

I think this works for several reasons. You lose weight, you detoxify your body, you get alot of vitamins and minerals you don't get when you eat the standard American diet, and no bad fats.

This will take some thinking and planning. I am hoping to start this soon. We will have to see where it leads.








0 comments: